Today I attended, and was a sponsor of, the Women's Council of Realtors Forum 7, which was held at the Embassy Suites in San Rafael. This was a gathering of the Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Napa and Wine Country Chapters with approximately 130 in attendance.
The Women's Council of Realtors was formed in the 1930's in the then predominately male-based industry of real estate. "Thirty-seven ambitious women represented nine states at that meeting (The Annual Convention held in November in Milwaukee) for WCR's inception", according to "Our History" information on the WCR website.
Women's Council of Realtors Mission: "We are a network of successful REALTORS empowering women to exercise their potential as entrepreneurs and industry leaders."
Women's Council of Realtors Vision: "Through our influence as successful business professionals, women will effect positive change in the profession and in the broader community."
Carol Luckenbach, the San Francisco Chapter's President-elect, sang the National Anthem. I stood in awe, listening to her beautiful voice.
The Featured Speaker was Rick Geha. His topic was, "You can have EVERYTHING you want in Life and Business - This Year!"
A few "keepers" are:
- Have a "relationship" with "your word". How many times do you say you are going to do something and you don't? Stop it! Either mean it and do it, or say "No" to requests. When you say you are going to do something for yourself, follow through.
- Don't belittle yourself. "We say things about ourselves we would never let anyone else say to us."
- Be in integrity - with your words, thoughts and actions.
- "Commit to the journey of 10 in each area of life." You need to have heard the presentation about the "A Peace of Mind" Square to really understand, but basically, enjoy the ride through life as you strive to be the best you can be.
- Be Authentic, Sincere and Vulnerable. Read my post about being authentic - a presentation by Mike Robbins and read his book, "Be Yourself: Everyone Else is Already Taken."
- Don't read the newspapers or watch TV. Keep away from negative news that permeates our society. Stay positive with life.
- Read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. Get the 21st Revised Edition.
- Have a spiritual foundation.
Or as my friend Virgil Beasley says, "Be of Contribution to your community and the world." Dr. Virgil and his wife, Carol, own Grape Escape. The energy of their home and their journey number is a 10!
To close this post, I give you the final "KEEPER".
9. "I see you bigger than you see yourself!" We can achieve more than we think we can. Get "champions" (your cheerleaders) to support you, to help you see just how capable you are at achieving your goals and more.
Let me see the bigger you. Please share your wants, needs, desires and dreams with me - via comment on the blog, email or phone - so I may support you on your journey to 10!